Posted by Aaron

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Welcome to my new blog! This is a new experience for me. For those that know me, though, it won't come as any surprise that I now have an online forum to keep talking and talking and talking...

My purpose here is to provide education. I want people to have a place they can come to and get reliable, current information regarding the health and healthcare of the small companion animals. I may also have a few words about goats, cows, birds, and reptiles. I'll try not to get too sidetracked :)

I've got a dozen or so topics ready to post, so check back often and see what I have. PLEASE ask questions - either by comment or e-mail. This lets me know what kind of information people want to hear!

I have a couple of rules, though:
1) No mean people. If you're mean - you're off. Pretty simple.
2) If you ask me a question about your pet - don't be surprised if I can't directly answer. Since I can't see your pet, I have to be very careful what I say or suggest. My hope is that this blog will be more topical and less specific, but we'll see what happens.
3) If it's an emergency - call your local veterinary ER.

And last, but not least, here's the legal disclaimer:
Above all else - the health of your pet is the most sacred. When in doubt - see your primary care veterinarian! I am not standing in front of your pet. I can't see, hear, smell, or interact with you and your pet. No advice, however well intentioned, from me can substitute for the face to face care of your primary care veterinarian!

This is going to be pretty fun. Keep in touch!

Dr. Herndon

2 comments:

Libby said...

Best of luck with your new endeavor. I'm starting to think you must not sleep much...

Unknown said...

Sorry it took so long for me to join!! This is so awsome!!!